Then OpenShot video editor has reached the 2.2 release with optimized editing of HD videos. Qt version has been made into the official Ubuntu PPA.
New features in OpenShot 2.2:
- Editing HD videos (5K, 4K, 2.5K, and 1080p) is vastly improved.
- A new caching engine supports both memory and disk back-ends.
- opening huge projects up to 10x faster.
- Many critical bug-fixes.
- Keyframe Enhancements.
- Improved error handling and real-time error reporting.
- New title templates.
- New 2.5k and 4k profiles added
- And see here for more details.
How to install OpenShot 2.2 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, and their derivatives, e.g, Linux Mint 17, 18, follow the steps below to add OpenShot Stable PPA and install / upgrade the latest release:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openshot.developers/ppa
Type in your password when it asks and hit Enter.
2. For those who have a previous Qt version installed, launch Software Updater and upgrade OpenShot after checking for updates.
or just run the commands below in terminal to check for updates and install OpenShot 2.2:
sudo apt update sudo apt install openshot-qt