A new maintenance release for Oracle Virtualbox 5.1 has been released one day ago with Linux hosts and guests fixes and kernel 4.9, 4.10, 2.2.68 compile fixes.
Changes in Virtualbox 5.1.12:
- VMM: fixed VERR_IEM_ASPECT_NOT_IMPLEMENTED Guru Meditations with certain Linux guests if KVM paravirtualization is enabled
- VMM: fixed VERR_VMX_UNABLE_TO_START_VM Guru Meditations under rare conditions
- GUI: prevent a crash under certain conditions if the VM is terminated very early
- GUI: fixed certain keyboard capture issues for OS X hosts.
- GUI: fixed dragging guest windows in seamless mode with the keyboard captured (X11 hosts only)
- GUI: fixed a problem where the new version detected dialog was covered by the appliance import dialog (Mac OS X hosts only
- Storage: fixed NVMe reset processing when doing rmmod nvme; modprobe nvme in a Linux guest
- Storage: fixed creating a snapshot when the VM is running and an NVMe controller is present
- Storage: fixed a problem with the LsiLogic SCSI controller where requests could be lost with SMP guests
- E1000: fixed “cable disconnected” issue for Mac OS X guests
- E1000: fixed “TX unit hang” issue for Linux guests only
- Parallel ports: fixed port enumeration on Windows host
- API: don’t crash when sanitizing certain VM names
- Linux hosts: automatically disable asynchronous I/O on Linux 2.6.18 kernels
- Linux hosts / guests: Linux 2.6.28 compile fix
- Linux hosts: compile Linux 4.9 compile fix
- Linux Additions: warn the user about a known bug with older Linux guests (e.g. Debian 7) requiring manual work to get 3D working
- Linux Additions: fix the graphics driver build with Linux 4.10 and later
- Windows Additions: fixed a crash in the WDDM driver under certain conditions
Download / Install Virtualbox 5.1.12 in Ubuntu:
The official Linux binary packages are available for download at the link below:
Grab the package (i386 for 32-bit, or amd64 for 64-bit) for you system and click install via Ubuntu Software.
For those who have a previous VBox 5.1 release installed, launch Software Updater to upgrade the software if you have Virtualbox Linux repository added in your system:
To manually add Virtualbox Linux repository:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian xenial contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
Replace xenial in the code with yakkety (for 16.10), or trusty for 14.04 and Linux Mint 17.x.
2. Then setup the keyring:
wget -q -O - http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox_2016.asc | sudo apt-key add - wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -