KeePassXC, KeePass cross-platform community edition, released version 2.5.2 a few days ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 19.10 via PPA.
KeePassXC 2.5.2 features significant stability and usability improvements. Changes in the release include:
- Show UI warning when entering invalid URLs
- Option to use an entry only for HTTP auth
- Disable the user interface when merging or saving the database
- Ability to hide protected attribute after reveal
- Improve GUI tests reliability on Hi-DPI displays
- Fix crashes when saving a database to cloud storage
How to Install KeePassXC 2.5.2 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 18.04 and higher, KeePassXC Snap package (runs in sandbox) can be easily installed via Ubuntu Software.
For those prefer native Ubuntu
.deb package, open terminal from application menu or press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard, and run following commands one by one:
1.) Run command to add the official PPA, which so far supports for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04, and Ubuntu 19.10.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Type user password (no asterisk feedback due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. Then upgrade KeePassXC from previous release via Software Updater:
or run commands one by one in terminal to install the password manager:
sudo apt update sudo apt install keepassxc
To remove the PPA, open Software & Updates and navigate to Other Software tab.
To remove KeePassXC .deb package, run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove keepassxc