qBittorrent 4.0.4 was released earlier today with numerous bug-fixes. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 18.04.
qBittorrent 4.0.4 contains a few new features and lots of bug-fixes include:
- Add source field in Torrent creator.
- Torrent creator: raise maximum piece size to 32 MiB
- Add a force reannounce option in the transfer list context menu.
- Fix sorting of country flags column in Peers tab.
- Fix natural sorting when the common part of 2 strings ends partially in a number which continues in the uncommon part.
- Fix application of speed limits on LAN and μTP connections.
- Make peer information flags in peerlist more readable.
- Fix gui issues on high DPI monitor.
- Fix dialog and column size on high DPI monitors.
- Fix constant status of ‘[F] Downloading’.
- Fix translation context.
- Separate subnet whitelist options into two lines.
- Don’t set application name twice.
- Set default file log size to 65 KiB and delete backup logs older than 1 month.
- And see more changes for web UI, RSS, Windows and Mac OS editions.
How to Install qBittorrent 4.0.4 in Ubuntu
The official PPA has built the new release packages, available for install/upgrade in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 18.04, and derivatives.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
2. To upgrade from a previous release, launch Software Updater and you’ll see qBittorrent available for upgrade after checking for updates.
Or run commands below to install /upgrade it from terminal:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install qbittorrent
3. (Optional) To uninstall the 4.0.4 release and revert to the stock version of qBittorrent in Ubuntu repository, do:
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Thanks for reading. Happy new year!