Vivaldi web browser released version 2.3 today with great new features, performance improvements, numerous bug-fixes.
Vivaldi 2.3 release highlights:
- Option to automatically create a tab stack: ‘Settings → New Tab Position → As Tab Stack with Related Tab’
- Add an option to show frequently visited pages in the URL Drop-Down: “Settings → Address bar → Address Field Drop-Down Menu → Include Frequently Visited Pages”
- Custom screenshot file name
- Save webpage as MHTML is enabled
- Spinner favicon when a tab is loading
- Passwords should be viewable in Settings
- Add confirmation dialog on exit
- Middle-click on tab Trash pastes buffered text into History search field
- See the release note for more details.
How to Install Vivaldi 2.3 in Ubuntu:
The official Ubuntu .DEB packages are available for download at the link below:
Grab the deb matches your OS, then install it via Ubuntu Software or Gdebi package manager. Or run command in terminal:
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/vivaldi-stable_2.3*.deb
In addition, after installed the .deb package, you can enable Vivaldi apt repository (Softare & Updates -> Other Software) to receive future updates through Software Updater: