qBittorrent 4.3.2 was released a few days ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu via PPA.
The new release of the Bittorrent client features an option for Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) support, which enable people around the world to use domain names in local languages and scripts.
It now allows to add root folder to torrent content. And “HTTPS tracker validation” option is available on all platforms with latest libtorrent.
Bug-fixes in qBittorrent 4.3.2 include:
- Fix broken sorting on some columns
- Fix availability per file value
- Fix status of torrents without metadata
- Don’t try to remove folders for a torrent without metadata
- Lift upper limit of “Max concurrent HTTP announces” option
- Add links to libtorrent documentation
- Move “embedded tracker” options to qbt section
- Properly handle “Append extension” option changing
- Correctly save paused torrent state
- Fix bug of “move storage job” can be performed multiple times
There are also a few WEB UI changes, including ability to use ‘shift+delete’ to delete torrents, allow to attach tags while adding torrents.
How to Install qBittorrent via PPA:
The official qBittorrent PPA has built the new release packages for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and derivatives.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal by either pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or searching for “Terminal” from application menu. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. If an old version was installed on your system, upgrade it via Software Updater,
or run following commands to install /upgrade qBittorrent in terminal:
sudo apt update sudo apt install qbittorrent
To remove qBittorrent PPA, either go to Software & Updates -> Other Software, or run command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
To remove the bittorrent client, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qbittorrent
Leave a Reply