The first alpha release of Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf was released a few hours ago, which features images for Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu MATE, UbuntuKylin and the Ubuntu Cloud images.
Alpha 1 includes a number of software updates that are ready for wider testing. All releases are based on Linux Kernel 3.19.
- Kubuntu 15.10 Alpha 1 features Plasma 5.3 desktop and KDE Applications 15.04.1.
- LXQt is still in development, Lubuntu 15.10 Alpha 1 is set to be another bug fix release.
- Ubuntu MATE 15.10 Alpha 1 features TLP for improved laptop battery endurance,
xdg-utilssupport, more options in MATE Tweak tool, artwork updates, and some fixes.
For Ubuntu flavor developers and those who want to help in testing, reporting and fixing bugs, download Ubuntu 15.10 Alpha 1 from:
- Kubuntu 15.10: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/wily/
- Lubuntu 15.10: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/wily/
- Ubuntu MATE 15.10: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-mate/releases/wily/
- UbuntuKylin 15.10: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntukylin/releases/wily/
- Ubuntu Cloud 15.10: http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/wily/
Ubuntu 15.10 release schedule:
Alpha 1 – June 25th
- Alpha 2 – July 30th
- Feature Freeze — August 20th
- Beta 1 – August 27th
- UI Freeze — September 10th
- Beta 2 – September 24th
- Kernel Freeze — October 15th
- Release Candidate – October 15th
- Ubuntu 15.10 Final – October 22nd