qBittorrent torrent client 4.2.1 was released today. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04, and Ubuntu 19.10.
qBittorrent 4.2.1 brings libtorrent fixes which make UDP through proxies work again. The listening IP/interface selection code has been reworked. If you have a specific network interface/local address set in the Advanced Settings, go and make sure that your settings have stayed the same.
Other changes include:
- Enable portable mode if “profile” directory exists
- Enable “Apply rate limit to peers on LAN” option by default
- Expand single-item folders in torrent content
- Rework the listening IP/interface selection code
- Bug-fixes and some Web UI changes. See News page for more.
How to Install qBittorrent 4.2.1 in Ubuntu:
The official qBittorrent PPA has built the new release packages for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04, and Ubuntu 19.10.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal by either pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or searching for “Terminal” from application menu. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. If an old version was installed, upgrade it via Software Updater,
or run following commands to install /upgrade qBittorrent in terminal:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install qbittorrent
To remove qBittorrent PPA, either go to Software & Updates -> Other Software, or run command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
To remove the bittorrent client, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qbittorrent