The Vivaldi web browser reached the 1.11 stable release today with new application icon and accessibility improvements.
Vivaldi 1.11 release highlights:
- Advanced reader mode with font, text size, column width and line height, and background setting at the top.
- Apply custom theme to the reader mode.
- Turn off animated GIFs easily from the Status Bar.
- Adjustable mouse gesture sensitivity
- Optional Speed Dial buttons
- And the new application icon.
- See the release note for details.
Download / Install Vivaldi Browser:
For Ubuntu, it offers the DEB package available for download at the link below:
For those who have installed a previous release, and enabled the Vivaldi Linux repository, upgrade the browser via Software Updater:
To manually add the repository, run command to edit the source file:
gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vivaldi.list
When the file opens, un-comment or add (if empty) the following line and save it:
deb http://repo.vivaldi.com/stable/deb/ stable main