KXStitch is a KDE program that lets you create cross stitch patterns and charts.
Patterns can be created from scratch on a user defined size of grid, which can be enlarged or reduced in size as your pattern progresses. Alternatively you can import images from many graphics formats which will allow you to reduce the number of colours and to restrict the conversion to full stitches or optionally use fractional stitches.
You may also use an image as a background. These imported images can then be modified using the supplied tools to produce your final design.
- Creation of new patterns
- Editing of existing patterns – KXStitch is also capable of reading PC Stitch 5 files.
- Use of various floss pallets, DMC, Anchor, Madeira, JP Coates
- Creation of custom palettes and colours.
- Use of standard stitches
- Free use of backstitching
- Importing of various picture formats
- Printing of patterns and floss keys
I’ve created a PPA that contains latest build of KXStitch (so far, it’s 1.0.0). So far, the PPA supports for Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty, Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy, Ubuntu 13.04 Raring, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise, Linux Mint, Elementary OS Luna and other derivatives.
To add the PPA, press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open terminal and run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/kxstitch
Then install the app after checking for updates:
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install kxstitch
Once installed, open the cross stitch app from Menu or Dash and enjoy!