HP print, scan and fax Drivers for Linux just got an update a few hours ago with new printers and Linux Distros support, Linux Mint 17 Qiana is included.
HPLIP (Hewlett-Packard Linux Imaging & Printing) is an HP-developed solution for printing, scanning, and faxing with HP inkjet and laser based printers in Linux. It is free, open source software distributed under the MIT, BSD, and GPL license.
The latest HPLIP 3.14.6 was released on June 4th, which added support for Boss 5.0, Debian 7.5, Linux Mint 17, and following new printers:
- HP DesignJet Z6600 PostScript
- HP DesignJet Z6800PS Photo
- HP DesignJet D5800 60-in Production Printer
- HP DesignJet T3500 36-in Production eMFP
- HP Designjet T7200 42-in Production Printer
- HP Deskjet 2543 All-in-One Printer
- HP Deskjet 2549 All-in-One Printer
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8640 e-All-in-One Printer
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8660 e-All-in-One Printer
Also there are a few bug fixes:
- Fixed Device Communication Error on launching HP Device Manager
- Unable to add/remove file in ‘hp-sendfax’ wizard
- Fax cover page does not get changed after changing recipient second time
- Improved scan performance for ‘hp-scan’ utility
Install HPLIP 3.14.6:
1. Download the installer:
Or check out if there’s a new release at official page.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, run the installer via:
cd ~/Downloads && chmod +x hplip-3.14.6.run && ./hplip-3.14.6.run
Answer the questions to finish the installing process. Once done, restart your computer.