Mixxx, free DJ Mixing software, finally released new stable version 2.2.4, though the PPA package is being available for a few weeks.
Mixxx 2.2.4 brings a number of bug-fixes and some controller mappings:
- Add controller mapping for Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3
- Add controller mapping for Soundless joyMIDI
- Add controller mapping for Hercules DJControl Inpulse 300
- Add controller mapping for Denon MC7000
- Add controller mapping for Stanton DJC.4
Install Mixxx 2.2.4 in Ubuntu:
The official Mixxx PPA contains the new release packages for all current Ubuntu releases.
1. Open terminal either from app launcher or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mixxx/mixxx
Input your password (no visual feedback while typing due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. If an old version of Mixxx was installed on your system, upgrade the DJ software using Software Updater:
Or run commands one by one in terminal to install or upgrade the software:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mixxx
You can easily remove the software by running command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove mixxx
And remove the PPA repository via Software & Updates utility under Other Software tab.