Qmmp, a Qt-based multimedia player with Winamp-Like user interface, has reached the 1.1.0 (Qt5) and 0.10.0 (Qt4) releases with many new features, performance improvements, bug fixes, and translations updates.
Qmmp 1.1.0 and 0.10.0 features:
- new internal audio converter
- MacOS X support
- wildmidi 0.4.0 support
- support for XMIDI and MUS (id Software) formats
- new plugin: soxr-based resampler plugin, Qt Multimedia output plugin, WASAPI output plugin.
- multi-thread support in the audio converter plugin
- https support in the http plugin
- feature to scrobble http streams
- and more…
The new releases also bring improvements to skinned interface, simple user interface (qsui), wavpack, ffmpeg, ladspa, and DirectSound output plugins. Following issues has been fixed:
- unity/compiz support
- metadata encoding issue in the http plugin
- unicode support under windows
- disc number parsing
How to install Qmmp 1.1.0 or 0.10.0 in Ubuntu:
1. Add PPA.
Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T), paste the command below and hit run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:forkotov02/ppa
Type in password (no visual feedback) when it asks and hit continue.
2. Update package caches.
Checking for updates via Software Updater or by running the command below in terminal:
sudo apt update
If you have a previous Qmmp version installed, just upgrade it via Software Updater.
3. To install Qmmp run command:
sudo apt install qmmp qmmp-plugin-pack
The command will install Qmmp 0.10.0 (Qt4 version) in Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 15.10 and their derivatives. For Ubuntu 16.04, the 1.1.0 (Qt5 version) will be installed.
To install Qt4 version in Ubuntu 16.04, run command:
sudo apt install qmmp-qt4 qmmp-plugin-pack-qt4