Boxy SVG, a Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) editor, now can be easily installed in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, and higher via Snap package.
SVG is the standard format for storing vector graphics such as icons, banners, charts and illustrations.
Boxy SVG project goal is to create the best SVG editor for non-technical users as well as for professional designers and developers.
Boxy SVG features:
- Native SVG support.
- Import PNG, JPEG, GIF, WebP, PDF and AI files and export to PNG, JPEG, GIF, WebP and HTML.
- Chromium-based rendering engine.
- Google Fonts integration with hundreds of free fonts
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts for over 100 commands
- SVG and CSS code inspector similar to Chrome Dev Tools
- And many other features.
Boxy SVG offers official Snap package for Linux. For Ubuntu 18.04 and higher, simply search for and install it from Ubuntu Software:
For Ubuntu 16.04, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to make sure
snapd daemon is installed:
sudo apt-get install snapd
Then install the SVG editor via command:
sudo snap install boxy-svg
Once installed. Launch it from your system application menu and enjoy!
(Optional) To remove Boxy SVG editor either use Ubuntu Software or run command in terminal:
sudo snap remove boxy-svg