The 2018.0 release of the open-source Hugin Panorama photo stitcher reached the first beta release a day ago.
Changes in Hugin 2018.0 include:
- Several improvements for optimizer tabs (mark deselected images, allow changing optimizer variables for all selected images at once, option to ignore line cp)
- hugin_stacker: New tool to stack overlapping images.
- Hugin: Added option to disable auto-rotation of images in control point and mask editor.
- Nona, verdandi and hugin_stacker can now write BigTIFF images (for files >4 GB).
- Added expression parser to GUI: This allows to manipulate several image variables at once. (This is the same as running pto_var –set from the command line.)
- Add user-defined assistant and expose it in the GUI. It allows to set up different assistant stategies without the need to recompiling. Provide also some examples (scanned images, multi-row panoramas with orphaned images, single-shot panorama
Download Hugin 2018.0 Beta:
The source tarball, Windows and Mac OS packages are available for download at the link below:
For Ubuntu, Hugin Packages team offers three PPAs, though the Beta build is not available at the moment.