The free interior design software Sweet Home 3D has reached the 5.4 release. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10.
Sweet Home 3D 5.4 is a small release with several bug fixes. It features:
- Set the minimum value of visitor’s field of view to 2°.
- Fixed wrongly displayed rectangular textures when rotated.
- Fixed a bug that prevented to close the Untitled window after opening a file under Mac OS X.
- Fixed a bug that applied the resolution scale factor too many times on user interface.
- Fixed a bug that prevented to move the points of a polyline.
- Replaced JRE 8u112 by JRE 8u121 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java under Linux.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
How to Install Sweet Home 3D in Ubuntu / Linux Mint:
For Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Linux Mint 18 and derivatives, you can easily install / upgrade to the latest software release via GetDeb repository.
1. To add the GetDeb repository, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
You may replace xenial (for 16.04, Mint 18) in the code with yakkety for Ubuntu 16.10.
Then setup the key via command:
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
2. Now launch Software Updater (or Update Manager) and you can upgrade Sweet Home 3D from an existing release.
Or just run the commands below to install / upgrade the software:
sudo apt update sudo apt install sweethome3d
To remove Sweet Home 3D, simply run
apt remove command with sudo:
sudo apt remove sweethome3d && sudo apt autoremove
And you can remove the getdeb repository via Software & Updates utility under Other Software tab.