RedNotebook, cross-platform desktop diary and journal software, released version 2.8 today with support for internal previews again on Windows.
RedNotebook also released version 2.7 and 2.7.1 in recent days. Here are the changes:
- Never let search phrases end up in the main text field
- Fix spell checking
- Use GtkSourceView for editor to obtain better undo/redo functionality
- When saving, update the list of tags in the auto-complete list for the search.
- Fix opening RedNotebook homepage from About dialog
How to Install Rednotebook 2.8 in Ubuntu:
The official PPA contains the latest packages for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 16.04, and Ubuntu 18.10.
1. Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcuts or by searching for ‘terminal’ from software launcher.
2. Copy and paste following command into terminal and hit run to add the RedNotebook PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rednotebook/stable
Type your password (no asterisks feedback due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter.
3. Finally check updates and install the desktop journal software by running following 2 commands one by one:
sudo apt update sudo apt install rednotebook
Ubuntu 18.04 users can skip
sudo apt update command since it’s already done while adding PPA.
To remove RedNotebook desktop journal, open terminal and run command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove rednotebook
And remove the PPA via Software & Updates utility -> Other Software tab.