NitroShare, a cross-platform network file transfer app, now is under active development since the previous 0.2 release was announced 2 years and a half ago.
Nitroshare is a cross-platform network file transfer application designed to make transferring any file to any device as painless as possible. It features:
- Runs on Windows / Mac OS X / Linux
- Automatic discovery of devices on the local network
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Transfer entire directories
- Completely free and open-source
Nitroshare project has been moved to Github.com. The developers are now working on the 0.3 release which features:
- updating to Qt 5 from Qt 4
- simplification of discovery
- removal of limitation on file size during transfers
The 0.3 release is still under development, it may contain bugs and uncompleted features. Besides building from the source via the description in project page, Ubuntu users can get it from the daily build PPA.
To install NitroShare 0.2 (stable release), download and install the binaries for Windows, Mac OS, Ubuntu, and/or OpenSUSE/Fedora from the left pane in the link below:
1. you may first checkout the OS type, 32-bit (i386) or 64-bit (amd64), by going to top-right corner shutdown menu and clicking “About This Computer” option.
2. Then grab the “nitroshare_0.2_amd64.deb” or “nitroshare_0.2_i386.deb” depends on your OS type.
3. Finally click open the package with Ubuntu Software Center and install it.