QupZilla 2.2, the final release series of the cross-platform Qt web browser, is now available.
QupZilla will now get only bug-fix releases, and next major release will be named Falkon as a KDE project.
QupZilla 2.2.0 release highlights:
- added back print element background option
- added back print preview dialog
- added session manager
- tab icon is now hidden when page has no icon
- improved locationbar completer with search suggestions
- improved handling of downloading dependencies in GreaseMonkey scripts
- various improvements in TabManager extension
- Linux: PulseAudio streams now have QupZilla app name and icon
Install QupZilla 2.2.0 in Ubuntu:
QupZilla 2.2.0 requires Qt 5.9.2. It can’t be built with default Qt libraries in all current Ubuntu releases.
At the moment, you can only download the Appimage, non-install single executable file, from the link below:
Download QupZilla 2.2.0 Appimage
Then make it executable via its Properties window, and run the file to launch QupZilla:
Don’t see the “Run” option even after made the appimage executable? Go to file manage menu Edit -> Preferences -> Behavior -> Choose the option says ‘Run executable text files when they are opened’.