The free and reliable P2P bittorrent client qBittorrent 4.1.4 was released today with new features, bug-fixes, WebUI and search improvements.
qBittorrent 4.1.4 release highlights:
- Recognize *.ts files as previewable
- Allow to disable speed graphs
- Clear LineEdit on ESC
- Fix divide-by-zero crash
- Remove speed limit checkbox in Options dialog
- Fix speed graph “high speeds” bug
- BUGFIX: Don’t update torrent status unnecessarily
- BUGFIX: Improve force recheck of paused torrent
- Restore torrent in two steps
- Improve scaling of speed graphs
- Add isNetworkFileSystem() detection on Windows. This allows network mounts to be monitored correctly by polling timer.
- Reduce horizontal graphs resolution. Improves perfomance.
- Add SMB2 magic number
- Restore startup perfomance to v4.1.2 times. Needs at least libtorrent 1.1.10
- Add free disk space to WebUI status bar, and many other WebUI improvements.
- Allow to disable downloading REPACK/PROPER matches
- Improve RSS Feed updating
- Allow resizing search filter in search job
- And various other improvements and bug-fixes.
How to Install qBittorrent 4.1.4 in Ubuntu:
The official qBittorrent PPA contains the latest packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, and Ubuntu 18.10.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or searching “Terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Type in your password (no visual feedback while typing due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. To upgrade from a previous release, launch Software Updater and you’ll see qBittorrent available for upgrade after checking for updates.
Or run commands below to install /upgrade it from terminal:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install qbittorrent
To remove qBittorrent PPA, go to Software & Updates -> Other Software, or run command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
To remove the bittorrent client, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qbittorrent