In Ubuntu Gnome desktop when you press and hold the Super key and hit a number (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) on keyboard will launch (or switch to) relevant application window from the left dock launcher.
And this quick tutorial is going to show you how to disable this Super hot-keys in Ubuntu 18.04 and higher.
1. First open Dconf Editor from application menu. Install it via Ubuntu Software if not installed.
2. When dconf editor opens, do:
- navigate to org > gnome > shell > extensions > dash-to-dock
- scroll down and find out line says ‘hot-keys‘.
- finally turn off the switch to disable Super + Num keys.
3. For Ubuntu 19.04, you also need to do following changes in dconf editor:
- navigate to org > gnome > shell > keybindings
- looking for switch-to-application-1, switch-to-application-2, …, switch-to-application-9.
- click to go into the configuration page for each item one by one.
- turn off default value, and set custom vaule
Really helpful guide! Thanks! Worked in ubuntu 20.04