Qmmp, qt-based audio player with winamp like user interface, released version 1.4.0 last night with lots of changes.
Qmmp 1.4.0 is a big release that features YouTube plugin, sleep mode inhibition plugin, socks5 proxy support, and much more other changes including:
- add feature to auto-hide empty service menus.
- add option to disable two passes for equalizer.
- add fast mute function for most output plugins.
- add shared CUE parser.
- added feature to transit between playlists.
- add SOCKS5 proxy support.
- added Ogg Opus support in the ReplayGain scanner.
- improve qsui plugin, ffmpeg plugin, lyrics, cdaudio plugin, m3u support.
How to Install Qmmp 1.4.0 in Ubuntu:
The official Qmmp PPA has made the packages for Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 19.10, Ubuntu 18.04, and Ubuntu 16.04.
1. Open terminal either by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app launcher. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:forkotov02/ppa
Input your password (no asterisk feedback while typing) and hit Enter to continue.
2. If an old version exists on your system, upgrade Qmmp using Software Updater:
Or run commands to install or upgrade Qmmp and its plugins:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install qmmp qmmp-plugin-pack
You can manage the PPA repository via Software & Updates utility, under Other Software tab.
To remove Qmmp music player, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qmmp qmmp-*
Sleep Mode Inhibition? Does that mean it continues to play even in the sleep mode? Saving battery life?