SuperTuxKart 1.2, free and open-source kart racing game, was officially released a day ago.
What’s new in SuperTuxkart 1.2:
- Support gamepad hotplugging
- Use SDL2 for window creation
- New “Cartoon” theme
- Haiku support
- Add support for IPv6 LAN servers
- Team chat for team games
- A new Kiki kart and improved Pidgin and Puffy karts
- Fixed most gamepad related bugs
- New settings to customize the game’s camera
- And many many enhancements and fixes
How to Get SuperTuxKart 1.2:
Source code as well as packages for Android, Linux (portable), Mac OS, and Windows are available for download at the link below:
Also, there’s an Ubuntu PPA that contains .deb packages for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Linux Mint 20 / 19.x.
1.) Open terminal from system application launcher, then run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stk/dev
Type user password, no visual feedback, when it asks and hit Enter to continue.
2.) After adding the PPA, either upgrade from an old version via Software Updater, or run commands in terminal to install the game:
sudo apt update sudo apt install supertuxkart
To remove the PPA, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:stk/dev
To remove the racing game, run:
sudo apt remove --autoremove supertuxkart supertuxkart-data