KeePassXC, KeePass Cross-Platform Community Edition, released a new update today with new menu option to keep window always on top.
Besides the ‘Always on Top’ menu option, KeePassXC 2.6.2 also features:
- Move show/hide usernames and passwords to view menu
- Add command line options and environment variables for changing the config locations
- Include TOTP settings in CSV import/export and add support for ISO date times
- Mask sensitive information in command execution confirmation prompt
- Change “Add key” keyboard shortcut to Ctrl+H.
- Various bug-fixes, and stability improvements.
How to Install KeePassXC 2.6.2 in Ubuntu:
The official upstream PPA has made the new release packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and Ubuntu 20.10.
1.) Open terminal either by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard, or by searching for ‘terminal’ from system application launcher.
When terminal opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Type your password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2.) Then either update the software package using Software Updater
or run command to install the software:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install keepassxc
You can run the PPA repository simply by running command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
And if you want, remove keepassxc password manger via command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove keepassxc
Leave a Reply