Battle for Wesnoth released a new regular update for the 1.14 series. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, and higher.
Wesnoth 1.14.6 release highlights:
- Fixed some AI crashes.
- New parameter default_ai_algorithm for setting the default AI
- New parameter mp_rank for setting the order in which AIs appear in the MP computer player selection menu
- New option “Keep saved AI” when reloading games from the MP Create Game screen.
- Fix Lua AIs using the ai.stopunit_*() functions potentially creating infinite candidate action loops
- Many fixes and improvements to campaigns.
- Miscellaneous and bug fixes
How to Install Battle for Wesnoth 1.14.6 in Ubuntu:
The new release package has been made into Flatpak package, available to install via the Flathub repository.
1. (For Ubuntu 16.04 only), open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app launcher. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak sudo apt-get update
2. Install flatpak framework via command:
sudo apt-get install flatpak
3. Add flathub repository:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
4. Finally install the flatpak package of Battle for Wesnoth:
flatpak install flathub org.wesnoth.Wesnoth
Once installed, launch the game either from software launcher, or by running command flatpak run
(Optional) 5. To remove the game, run command:
flatpak uninstall org.wesnoth.Wesnoth
Howdy, thanks for the article, very nice! Will these commands also work for Linux Mint 18.3?
It works in Linux Mint 18.x (needs to add PPA for flatpak) and 19.x