Mozilla Firefox released the latest stable 71.0 a day ago. Here’s what’s new and how to install it in Ubuntu.
Firefox 71.0 release highlights:
- Lockwise (integrated password manager) improvements.
- More information about blocked trackers
- Picture-in-Picture video support for Windows. Pop video into a separate small window and always on top.
- Native MP3 decoding for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Various security fixes and more.
Download / Install Firefox in Ubuntu:
You’ll be able to upgrade the pre-installed Firefox to the latest 71.0 release in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04, and Ubuntu 19.10, through the Software Updater in 2 or 3 days (check the building page).
Or install the Firefox 71 Snap package (runs in sandbox) simply from Ubuntu Software. It can be installed alongside pre-installed Firefox.
Also the official non-install Linux package (run the executable from the tarball) as well as Firefox 71.0 release note are available at the link below: