DVDStyler, the cross-platform free DVD authoring application, has reached the new major 3.0 release recently with new features, improvements and fixes.
According to the changelog, DVDStyler 3.0 features:
- added support of animations
- added validation of menu cell actions
- added option “keep aspect ratio” for image in frame
- added option “add chapter at title end”
- added option to downmix audio to stereo
- fixed setting of chapters if video is cut
- fixed fade in/out if video is cut
- fixed applying of audio filters if mplex is used
- added support of MPC-HC
- audio normalization: added clipping protection
- interlaced encoding: added -alternate_scan parameter
- added clear cache button in settings dialog
- added Manolito’s VBR plug-in
- added scrollbar to video object box in title properties
- added support of metadata (chapter and audio/subtitle language names)
- added possibility to force display subtitles (but it doesn’t work in VLC)
- added menu templates “Heart” and “MothersDay” (thanks to Gerd Altmann for the images)
- fixed some bugs
- win32: updated ffmpeg to version 3.0
How to install DVDStyler 3.0 in Ubuntu:
DVDStyler does not provide official Linux binary. Besides building from the source tarball, you may install it using my PPA (unofficial).
So far, the PPA supports Ubuntu 16.04, Linux Mint 18 / 17, and also Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 14.04, and derivatives.
1. Add PPA.
Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and paste the command below and hit run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/dvdstyler
Type in password when it asks and hit enter. No visual feedback on password typing.
2. If you have Synaptic Package Manager, you can now launch it, search for and install DVDStyler after clicking the Refresh button.
Or just run the commands below one by one in terminal:
sudo apt update sudo apt install dvdstyler
3. (Optional) You can remove the PPA by launching Software & Updates and navigating to Other Software tab. And remove DVDStyler via either Synaptic or
apt command with
sudo apt remove dvdstyler dvdstyler-data