Cantata MPD client released version 2.3.3 a few hours ago with enhancements and many bug-fixes. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 18.10, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 16.04, and Ubuntu 14.04.
Cantata 2.3.3 release highlights:
- Add ‘.opus’ to list of recognised extensions for local files.
- Remove confirmation dialog when saving replaygain tags.
- Fix saving ‘Descending’ order for smart playlists.
- Allow .jpeg as extension from cover dialog.
- Fix QMediaPlayer stuck with network streams
- Fix ‘Show Current Song Information’ (i) toolbar button
- Add option to sort smart playlists by title.
- Change toolbar colours if palette changes.
- Add more actions to search page results.
- Fix MusicBrainz disc ID calculation.
- And various other changes, see the release page for details.
How to Install Cantata 2.3.3 in Ubuntu:
For all current Ubuntu releases, you can install Cantata 2.3.3 via the unofficial PPA.
1. Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcuts or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app launcher. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata-qt
Input user password (no asterisks feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. For those who have a previous release installed, upgrade Cantata via Software Updater:
or install it for the first time via commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cantata mpd
For Ubuntu 18.04 and higher, skip
sudo apt-get update as it’s done while adding the PPA.
To remove cantata MPD client either use system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove cantata
To remove the PPA repository, launch Software & Updates utility and navigate to Other Software tab.