The qBittorrent 4.3.3 was released a few days ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10, Ubuntu 18.04, and Linux Mint 19.x / 20.
This release contains mainly bug-fixes. Because Xcode doesn’t support C++17, Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra) is no longer supported. And Ubuntu 18.04 is highly to be dropped in the next release.
qBittorrent 4.3.3 release highlights:
- New languages Azerbaijani, Estonian support.
- Unify global speed dialogs for normal/alternative speeds.
- Increase maximum global speed limits ~2 GiB/s.
- Save fastresume when setting torrent speed limits.
- Group several torrent options into one dialog.
- Capitalize locale names.
- Improve content file/folder names handling.
- Drop notification about move storage finished or failed.
- Reload “missing files” torrent instead of re-checking.
- Remember dialog sizes.
- Improve detection of file extension string.
- WEBUI: Don’t call non-existent elements.
- Update “Keep top-level folder” in WebUI options.
- LINUX: Use legacy ‘data’ directory only as a fallback.
- Bump project requirement to C++17.
How to Install qBittorrent 4.3.3 via PPA:
The official qBittorrent PPA has built the new release packages for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and Ubuntu 20.10.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal by either pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or searching for “Terminal” from application menu. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. If an old version was installed on your system, upgrade it via Software Updater,
or run following commands to install /upgrade qBittorrent in terminal:
sudo apt update sudo apt install qbittorrent
To remove qBittorrent PPA, either go to Software & Updates -> Other Software, or run command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
To remove the bittorrent client, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qbittorrent
These instructions don’t work
E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable/ubuntu hirsute Release’ does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
Use snap until it is build for Hirsute Hippo 21.04
sudo snap install qbittorrent-arnatious