BitTorrent Sync reached 1.2.67, which improved speed with large files for Desktop users and added Android 4.4 support. PPA for Ubuntu 13.10, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 13.04, Ubuntu 12.10, Ubuntu 12.04, Linux Mint is ready and here I’ll show you how to install it.
What’s New in BitTorrent Sync 1.2.67:
- Improved speed with large files (in 1Gb LAN and on low-end CPU devices)
- Restore modified files in read-only folder
- API and UI-less mode
- Advanced features available through API :
- new secrets with support of read-only encrypted peers
- synchronize selected files only
- Android 4.4 support
- Speed improvements
- Redesigned Help pages
- Various bug fixes
Install BitTorrent Sync:
This peer-to-peer file synchronization tool is available in launchpad PPA. Press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run commands below one by one to install it:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:tuxpoldo/btsync sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install -y btsync btsync-user
Once installed, you can start the indicator and/or web interface from Unity Dash shortcuts.