JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA 2017.2.3 was release one day ago with some new features, usability improvements, and numerous bug-fixes.
Download / Install IntelliJ IDEA 2017.2.3:
The official source tarballs (non-install) are available for download at the link below:
Just extract and run executable file to launch the IDE.
An unofficial PPA is also available which contains an install script that automatically:
- downloads the official source tarball via wget.
- extracts to /opt/ for global use.
- installs icon and application shortcut for Ubuntu integration.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T and run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
Input your password (no visual feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then check updates and install the script:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install intellij-idea-community
For the ultimate edition, use
intellij-idea-ultimate in the last command.
For those who don’t want to add PPA, grab the .deb package directly from PPA packages page.
To uninstall IntelliJ IDEA installed via the script in PPA, run command:
sudo apt-get remove intellij-idea-community intellij-idea-ultimate
And remove the PPA via “Software & Updates” utility, under Other Software tab.