uGet download manager has reached a new stable 2.0.10 release a few days ago. The uGet team now is working on a brand new website and a new support system.
uGet 2.0.10 only gets a few changes. They are:
- User can use sorting in any category and status.
- curl plug-in: It can use ftruncate() to create large file.
- Fix: uGet doesn’t close File Descriptor when saving config file.
- add translation files.
How to Install uGet 2.0.10 in Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 17.04
The official uGet PPA dropped support for Ubuntu 12.04. So far, it provides the latest packages for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10, and their derivatives.
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or from app launcher, and then run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:plushuang-tw/uget-stable
Input your password (no visual feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then upgrade the download manager from an existing release via Software Updater:
or you can run following 2 commands to check updates and install / upgrade uGet:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install uget
How to Remove:
Run following command in terminal will remove the PPA and also downgrade to the stock version of uGet in your Ubuntu system:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:plushuang-tw/uget-stable
If you want to remove uGet download manager, simply search for and remove it via “Ubuntu Software” utility.