Kid3 audio tag editor got an update by releasing v3.5.1 earlier today with performance improvements and a few fixes.
Changes in Kid3 3.5.1 include:
- Compatibility of imported and exported CSV files with cells containing new line characters.
- Do not show unknown frames for ID3v2.3 TDAT, TIME, TYER, TRDA frames.
- Enable high-DPI scaling for Qt >= 5.6.
- Change AppStream directory from appdata to metainfo.
- Fix crash with DSF files having sample rates other than 2822400 or 5644800.
How to Install Kid3 3.5.1 in Ubuntu:
The software has an official PPA that so far offers most recent packages for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10, and derivatives.
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching ‘terminal’ from app launcher. Then run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ufleisch/kid3
Type in your password (no visual feedback while typing) when it asks and hit Enter to continue.
2. Then upgrade Kid3 from an existing release via Software Updater:
or run following commands to install or upgrade the audio editor:
sudo apt update sudo apt install kid3
To remove the PPA, launch Software & Updates and navigate to ‘Other Software’ tab.
To remove Kid3 tag editor, either use system package manger or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove kid3 kid3-*