By releasing version 0.17, the GTK+ frontend for mpv Gnome MPV is officially renamed to Celluloid.
Celluloid 0.17 release highlights:
- Rename project to Celluloid
- Add Turkish translation by @TeknoMobil
- Add Esperanto translation by @F3nd0
- Migrate from opengl-cb to the new render API
- Handle numpad keybindings
- Handle unicode keybindings
- Forward media key events to mpv
- Add dconf key for controlling cursor speed threshold for unhiding controls
- Add option for suppressing playback errors
How to Install Celluloid in Ubuntu 18.04 and Higher:
At the moment you can install the media player easily via Flatpak package in Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04.
Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut or by searching for ‘terminal’ from application menu. When it opens, run following commands one by one.
1. Paste below command and run to install flatpak framework:
sudo apt-get install flatpak
2. Add flathub repository, which hosts a large list of flatpak applications:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
4. Finally install Celluloid via command:
flatpak install flathub io.github.celluloid_player.Celluloid
Once installed, launch the software either from application menu or by right-clicking video files and choose open with Celluloid!
To remove the Celluloid flatpak package, run command in terminal:
flatpak uninstall io.github.celluloid_player.Celluloid