Cinelerra video editing and compositing software now is at version 4.6. The 64-bit binary for Ubuntu 14.04 is available from Heroine Warrior.
The Cinelerra HV version is produced by Heroine Virtual, and is free software distributed under the GNU General Public License. Cinelerra also includes a video compositing engine, allowing the user to perform advanced compositing operations such as keying and mattes.
What’s New in Cinelerra HV 4.6:
- Split pane editing.
- OpenGL supported on Intel HD.
- Titler improvements.
Install Cinelerra 4.6 in Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit:
1. Download the 64-bit binary from the link below:
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, run the command below to open Archive Manager with root permission:
When the Archive Manager opens:
- Click the Open icon, navigate and select open Cinelerra package.
- When the package opens, click the Extract button, select extract to /opt/ folder.
When done, you can start the Cinelerra video editor by running command
/opt/cinelerra/cinelerra in terminal.
3. Create launcher shortcut for Cinelerra
Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal. When it opens, run command to create a launcher file and open it with Gedit text editor:
gksudo gedit /usr/share/applications/cinelerra-hv.desktop
When the editor opens, paste below into the file and save it.
When done, you can search for and open Cinelerra video editor from Unity Dash. Enjoy!