Audacious, the default audio player in Lubuntu and in Ubuntu Studio now is at version 3.4.3, which brings two important bug fixes and translation updates.
As you may know Audacious is an advanced music player with a focus on low resource usage, high audio quality, and support for a wide range of audio formats.
Audacious has below features (more about audacious at wikipedia):
- built-in gapless playback
- support for a wide range of audio formats
- various plugins
- support for Winamp 2 skins
- accepts connections from client software, such as Conky.
The new release Audacious 3.4.3 mainly fixed below bugs:
- Opus files are missed when opening folder (#364)
- Exporting as cue-file produces segmentation fault (#371)
For Ubuntu and its derivatives, we can install audacious from PPA. Supports Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 13.10, Ubuntu 13.04, Ubuntu 12.10, Ubuntu 12.04.
To get started, press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run commands below one by one:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install adacious